Terror on the Teche
Are you frightened by things that go bump in the night? Worry about things that make you shiver with fright? Then you may want to come over to this wonderful evening of Halloween scares. The Iberia Parish Library and the Shadows-on-the-Teche are excited to announce “Terror-on-the-Teche”. Tickets are $5 (non-refundable) and available at the Main Library and the Shadows-on-the-Teche visitors’ center.
Thomas Gotte: 337-364-7150
Beneath the Balconies
- Each year new presenters are showcased on New Iberia balconies. These include dramatic, comedic and musical performances. The Bunk Johnson Band plays a musical second line, leading the audience from one balcony to another on Main Street. The event will take place from 2-5 and will begin at the Shadows.
Civil War School Day
- [private event] Iberia Parrish students experience army and civilian life during the American Civil War through activities such as house chores, churning butter, period dancing, military marching, and cannon demonstrations
Civil War Encampment
- Invasion! The Union army invades the Bayou Teche and occupies the Shadows. Special discussions on the Battle of Bayou Bourbeau (Carenco Area) and the return of General Franklin to the Shadows. Join us as we celebrate the Sesquicentennial of the American Civil War.
Friends of the Shadows Christmas Party
- [Private event] A special event to say “Thank You” to all of the volunteers and donors that give time and resources to protecting this beautiful home. Interested in becoming a Friend? Information: email@example.com 337-369-6446
- 1pm- 3pm: The perfect event for children, mothers, and grandmothers! Refreshments include tea, chocolate and punch, tea sandwiches and holiday sweet treats! Childrens’ caroling, christmas stories by Mrs. Claus, and even pictures with Santa! This event is held at the Silman Theater on Main Street and registration is $20 for children or $30 for an adult and child. Children will receive a take home ornament kit to decorate at home.
Charlie at the Shadows: Christmas Education Program
- [private event] Students from Iberia Parish visit the Shadows and discover Charlie who shows them around the site while they explore Christmas in the 1800s.
Spring Arts and Crafts Festival
- Join over 100 artists and craftsmen in the Shadows gardens for the bi-annual Arts and Crafts Festival.
Friends of the Shadows Easter Egg Hunt
- [Private event] Each year the Shadows hosts an Easter Egg Hunt for the children and grandchildren of members of the Friends of Shadows.To show our special “Thanks” to our wonderful Friends. Interested in becoming Friends?